Welcome to the Dane County District Attorney's Office
As a representative of the people of the State of Wisconsin, the primary role of the DA's Office is to prosecute all adult criminal and juvenile delinquent acts that occur within the 27 cities and villages of Dane County and its 34 townships. I am proud of the dedicated attorneys, victim-witness advocates, investigators, paralegals, and clerical staff who handle approximately 43,000 cases a year. These cases range from civil traffic offenses to homicides.
Our goal is prompt and fair justice while providing critical services to crime victims and their families.
The staff of the DA's Office believes that peace and justice are not possible in any community without progressive and fair law enforcement, which includes prevention and diversion programs. We consistently apply equal justice under the law to protect the community and work to ensure that victims of crime are treated with compassion and respect. I have very much appreciated the opportunity to serve the public in this position since August 2010. I welcome feedback from the public about how we might fulfill our mission more effectively.
- Community Leaders to Host a Press Conference to Address Local Crime and Call for Mentors - January 14, 2021
- Statement Regarding Postconviction Decision in State of Wisconsin vs. Jennifer Hancock - December 8, 2020
- No Criminal Liability for Law Enforcement Officer Involved in Death of Elliott Johnson on September 17, 2020 - November 13, 2020
- No Criminal Liability for Law Enforcement Officers in Relation to Monona Crash and Drowning Occurring June 27, 2020 - September 8, 2020
- District Attorney Statement of Support for Peaceful Protesters and Denouncing the Presence of Armed Extremists and Gun Violence in the Wake of Kenosha Incidents - August 29, 2020
- DA's Office Works With Sheriff To Protect Victims and To Maintain Public Safety - March 26, 2020
- Fiscal Del Condado De Dana Trabaja con Sheriff para Proteger Victimas Y Mantener Seguridad Publica - 26 de marzo de 2020
- Victim services during covid-19 public health crisis - March 17, 2020
- Servicios para victimas durante la crisis de salud pública por covid-19 - 17 de marzo de 2020
- District Attorney's Office Hosted Community Read about Domestic Violence - March 5, 2020
- District Attorney Response to Chief Koval's Blog Regarding Juvenile Justice System - October 16, 2018
- Trauma Response Efforts - September 21, 2018
- 2015 Cultural Context of Corporal Punishment Conference - November 11, 2015
- Tony Robinson - Final Decision - May 12, 2015